Friday, January 6, 2012

Fast Food stand off!

I have decided that this year I would really like to not stop for fast food so much, dont get me wrong its not too often but nearly once a week is too much. Usually its when we are out and about running errands like on Fridays when I grocery shop. Well today I made a choice, we had come home after going to walmart. I checked grocery store ads, talked to hubby and made my list and menu for the week. I was ready to head out the door, figuring I would stop and only get a salad for me at Wendys, but salad or no salad its still fast food that the kids were going to be eating. I am happy to announce that I am eating a salad right here at home while they have cheese quesadillas, strawberries, applesauce, and carrots, much better than any fast food joint could offer.
Here is my planned menu for the week
I shop fridays so my menu goes Friday to Thursday. . Ok here goes
Friday: bake stuffed tilapia, baked potatos and roasted Brussels sprouts
Saturday: burritos bowls
Sunday: roasted chicken with green beans and probably egg noodles for Hubby and kids
Monday: meatloaf, baked mac & cheese and a veggie
Tuesday: chicken pad Thai
Wednesday: I work so Hubby and kids will have spaghetti and meatballs
Thursday: left overs from the week
Breakfast will include yogurt, oatmeal, cereal granola, smoothies, ect
And lunches will be salad with a protien usually. Snacks will be fruit, veggies with humus, granola, peanut butter , smoothies, ect

This week has been interesting to say the least, Wednesday my sweet Lily came home with some very unwanted visitors in her beautiful hair. We had the unfortunate experience of washing all her bedding, drying everyone elses, drying coats, hair accessories, vacuuming the entire house top to bottom and treating her. I kept her home yesterday just to be safe but my goodness, fun it was not. We did however try to make the most of the day. We watches Mars Needs Moms, that was cute! I CO a hat for her to knit, she has been wanting to knit since Christmas unfortunately I was using the needles that she needed, we read more of her book and I really got to enjoy the kiddies. We ended our fun day with pizza and salad for dinner.

~ thanks for reading , Kristen ;)

No comments: